No youth should save, but invest; because not risking is even a greater risk. Create, don’t accumulate! The older you get, your creativity reduces, and so does your opportunities to invest.
+he who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.
~ James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
whereas average people are in love with the sound of their own voice; an intelligent person listens, they have something to learn from anyone…
“don’t see yourself as a victim of why things happen, regard yourself as a process of how things happen”… #quotesbyme
For those fellas who still hold the intention of going back to school but complain of lack of time and money, here are some time-cheating, “life university” strategies.
- Driving University: Listen to audio books or financial news radio while stuck in traffic. Traffic nuisances transformed to education.
- Exercise University: Absorb books, podcasts, and magazines while exercising at the gym. In between sets, on the treadmill, or on the stationary bike, exercise is transformed to education.
- Waiting University: Bring something to read with you when you anticipate a painful wait: Airports, doctor’s offices, and your state’s brutal motor vehicle department. Don’t sit there and twiddle your thumbs— learn!
- Toilet University: Never throne without reading something of educational value. Extend your “sit time” (even after you finish) with the intent of learning something new, every single day. Toilet University is the best place to change learn, since it occurs daily and the time expenditure cannot be avoided. This means the return on your time investment is infinite! Toilet time transformed to education.
- Jobbing University: If you can, read during work downtimes. Dead-end jobs transformed to education.
- TV-Time University: Can’t wean yourself off the TV? No problem; put a television near your workspace and simultaneously work your plan while the TV does its thing. Watching transformed to work and education.
Think about the time you already use. How many hours do you waste in the trivialities of life? This time doesn’t need to be lost, or wasted.
To start, choose a topic that interests you or an area in your life that needs improvement. Not good at sales or writing? Get to the library and start reading. I can’t stress enough that the more knowledge you consume, the more torque you create.
You go in life casually, you might end up a casualty. Comfort is a beginning of losing stability. Life is too short to live miserable, either way, you can’t get out of life alive, so you had better spent your time in the field fighting for what you believe. The healthiest eyes shed tears.
These three I will hate…
And one is /age/
With age come weakness,
A weakness of the mind,
So I will meditate.
The other is /sickness/
With sickness comes pain,
A reminder in our fragile mortality,
So I will live lovingly.
The last is /poverty/
With poverty comes resentment,
A bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly,
So I will work hard and be contented